Shows for Day 1 Film Screenings
- Between Pudukkottai & Singapore
- Aku Mau Skola
- DEM DEM!
Shows for Day 2 Film Screenings
- Poets on Permits
- Selfie with the PM
- Defying the Odds in Dadaab Refugee Camp
- Son of Kali
- Tea Land
- 8pm - 9pm | Humor as the only weapon: Newspaper by migrants and artists from RussiaSun, Nov 29https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020Nov 29, 2020, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM GMT+8https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020Nasreddin is a multi-language publication in Russia covering events about migrants who go to Russia looking for work. The paper raises important issues,including real experiences of labor migrants.This session will feature some artwork from the publications & a discussion with involved artists.
- 7pm - 9pm | Film Discussion: The HelperSun, Nov 29https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020
- 4pm - 6pm | Finals of the Migrant Workers Poetry Competition, SingaporeSun, Nov 29https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020Nov 29, 2020, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM GMT+8https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020Finals of the annual Finals of the Migrant Workers Poetry Competition, Singapore. First held in 2014, the Migrant Worker Poetry Competition has quickly established itself as one of the key events in the cultural calendar in Singapore.
- 8pm - 9pm | Katthu Pattu: Songs of Migrant Love and SeparationSat, Nov 28Online EventNov 28, 2020, 8:00 PM – 9:00 PMOnline EventKathu Pattu (“letter songs”) are songs based on letters exchanged by migrants from the southern Indian state of Kerala to the Gulf and and their wives left behind. This session will showcase a father-daughter duo singing Kathu Pattu songs and an interview with them.
- 8pm - 10pm | Round-up: Where do we go from here?Fri, Nov 27Online EventNov 27, 2020, 8:00 PM GMT+8Online EventThis session discusses lessons from the panelists's own experiences of research and advocacy in the Singapore context, and suggests some new directions or ways forward for those who may be keen to practice research/advocacy on issues facing Singapore's migrant communities.
- 7pm - 8pm| Intertwining research & arts in migration studies: experiences from the field (part 2)Fri, Nov 27https://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020Nov 27, 2020, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMhttps://tinyurl.com/gmfevent2020(organized by CEDEM, Liège University, Belgium) Through research and performance art, Shannon Damery and Elsa Mescoli provide a window into the migrant experiences, based upon their research as well as experiences on the ground. Moderated by Marco Martiniello